2024 Outlander Sport Trail Edition Opens New Adventures
- All-new Trail Edition adds the look and equipment adventurers want when exploring the outdoors.
- As with all 2024 model-year Mitsubishi vehicles, 2-year/30,000-mile limited maintenance is included.7
Taking its place as the perfect choice for adventurers, the 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport debuts with the brand’s first trail-focused Trail Edition trim package. As with all other 2024 model-year Mitsubishi vehicles, the purchase of every 2024 Outlander Sport includes two years/30,000 miles of included limited maintenance, making the vehicle even more of a value. And every 2024 Outlander Sport is fitted with the company’s All-Wheel Control (AWC) all-wheel-drive system as standard equipment.
Consumers can learn more about the 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport at https://www.mitsubishicars.com/cars-and-suvs/Outlander-Sport.
To honor Mitsubishi’s off-road heritage, Outlander Sport Trail Edition features black hood graphics, TRAIL front and rear effects, black side and fender moldings, black hood protector and tailgate trim, black inner door handle protectors, mud flaps, and all-weather floor mats as standard. Genuine Mitsubishi available accessories such as a roof basket or bike rack mean you don’t have to leave toys at home when exploring the great outdoors.
To streamline model nomenclature across the full Mitsubishi lineup, the 2024 Outlander Sport GT trim is rebadged as the SEL trim.
Advanced Safety Features
All 2024 Outlander Sport models feature the following standard safety equipment across all trim levels: Forward Collision Mitigation1, Lane Departure Warning2, automatic light control, automatic dimming rearview mirror, rain-sensing wipers, and Automatic High Beam.
- Forward Collision Mitigation – helps prevent a frontal collision or reduces the severity of that collision if it becomes unavoidable, detecting both vehicles and pedestrians via camera and radar.1
- Lane Departure Warning – uses an onboard camera to monitor lane position in front of the vehicle, audibly and visually alerting the driver if it detects the vehicle unintentionally leaving its lane.2
- Automatic High Beam – automatically adjusts headlights between brightness levels depending on the surrounding lights.
From the chassis on up, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport was designed with occupant protection in mind. Outlander Sport features the brand’s Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) body structure, which is designed to improve impact protection from all directions by utilizing a high-rigidity body and crush zones that progressively crumple to help dissipate collision energy.
Working to keep occupants protected during collisions is a comprehensive seven-airbag supplementary restraint system3, which includes side, curtain, and driver's knee airbags.
Signature Dynamic Design
This dynamic Mitsubishi CUV is distinguished by its wedge profile with strong character and high beltline, a forward-raked rear window, a sharply cut rear gate and short overhang, and broad fenders.
In the front, the authoritative black radiator grille projects strength and solidity, embodying Mitsubishi's signature Dynamic Shield design. All models are equipped with heated, power-adjustable side mirrors; SE models and above are equipped with in-mirror turn-signal repeaters and automatic power-folding side mirrors.
The rear design is distinguished by upright styling, centered around the high-mounted, T-shaped rear lamps, producing a strong shoulder line and contributing to an overall sense of strength and ruggedness.
Sleek, Sporty Interior
On the inside, the 2024 Outlander Sport boasts high-quality fabrics, along with gloss black and silver-painted HVAC controls. The horizontal dashboard, silver metal frames, and black/silver color scheme create a refined interior that is both sleek and sporty. Covering the dashboard surfaces and extending to the door trim is a stylish, grained soft padding that gives a premium look and feel.
From the available leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift (LE and above trims) to the One-Touch Start System, the adventurous Outlander Sport puts a touch of comfort within affordable reach. Keeping efficiency in mind, the instrument display features an ECO driver indicator light.
Maximizing luggage space and utility without compromising exterior style, the rear seat utilizes a 60:40 split section to enhance convenience.
For the 2024 Outlander Sport, a second-generation 8.0-inch Smartphone-link Display Audio (SDA) unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility is standard on the LE, SE, SEL, RALLIART, and Trail Edition trims, while lower trims feature a 7-inch Display Audio System.
All Outlander Sport models are well-equipped, including standard automatic climate control and rain-sensing windshield wipers; SE, RALLIART, and above trims also receive the keyless FAST-Key Passive-entry system. It's as simple as one push to unlock the driver's door handle and two pushes for the others.
Powertrain, Performance, and Fuel Economy
Under the hood, base Outlander Sport models feature a Mitsubishi Innovative Valve Timing Electronic Control system (MIVEC)-equipped cast-aluminum 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, which produces 148hp at 6,000rpm and 145 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,200rpm.
Top-trim SEL models are powered by a larger displacement 2.4-liter MIVEC 4-cylinder engine that produces 20 additional horsepower (168 bhp), versus the standard 2.0-liter, as well as 167 lb.-ft. of torque.
The seven-step Sportronic™ CVT is fitted as standard equipment. Mitsubishi engineers have spent countless development hours optimizing the CVT transmission's shift patterns and gear ratios, as well as reducing friction within its hydraulic oil control for greater fuel economy. The CVT's manual gear shifting Sport mode can be selected with the shift lever.
All-Wheel Control (AWC)
Building upon Mitsubishi's long and successful history of off-road performance, the electronically controlled All-Wheel Control (AWC) AWD system is standard on all trims. AWC provides increased handling, traction, and stability during varied driving or weather situations.3 The compact design of the AWC system also calls for low-viscosity transfer case oil for reduced friction, improving fuel efficiency.
Fun to Drive
With its low curb weight and compact mobility, this compact crossover also features a fun-to-drive handling balance that resonates with active CUV buyers. Designed to be nimble and swift both on-road and off-road, the vehicle combines outstanding ground clearance with a tuned MacPherson strut front suspension and multi-link rear suspension design. Lightweight suspension components and front and rear sway bars are just a few elements of a suspension that has been tuned for better agility, limited body roll, and optimized ride comfort. Four-wheel independent gas-charged shock absorbers and coil springs are used at all four corners.
Additional driver-assist aids standard on all models are Active Stability Control (ASC)5 and Hill Start Assist. Making for a more controlled and pleasant driving experience through many situations, ASC helps with stability in slippery driving conditions and helps maintain control after sudden driving inputs. ASC also features traction control to minimize wheel spin, allowing for increased grip in low traction conditions.4 Hill Start Assist uses front and rear gravity sensors to detect steep hills or gradients and applies brake pressure to deter the vehicle from moving, making for easier starts.
Innovative Engineering Increases Fuel Economy
Outlander Sport is designed from the outset with efficiency in mind. The choice of Electric Power Steering (EPS) eliminates the parasitic engine drag found in conventional hydraulic power steering systems, providing improved response and driver feedback. The combination of aerodynamics, EPS, low curb weight, and efficient engine and transmission technology all work together to achieve 23 MPG (city) and 29 MPG (highway) for a combined rating of 26 MPG. The 2.4L engine returns 23 MPG (city) and 28 MPG (highway) for a combined rating of 25 MPG.5
This impressive crossover merges the Outlander family's impressive real-world capability with a smaller, more maneuverable urban package. Designed to fit a wide range of active lifestyles, the vehicle features the easy entry, exit, and turning radius of a smaller vehicle, yet also the higher sightline and interior volume of a CUV.
Realizing the desire of hip and stylish urban buyers to customize their crossover, Mitsubishi has announced a number of optional customization packages:
- The All-Weather Package features quality rubber floor mats and cargo tray.
- The Exterior Trim Package comes in two versions with black rear and front undercovers featuring either red or chrome accents.
- The Illumination Package includes interior LED bulb upgrades, plus the addition of a rear tailgate hatch LED light.
- The Popular Value Package features aluminum and leather shift knob, rear bumper protector, cargo mat, and roadside kit.
- The Protection Value Package includes the rear bumper protector, mud guards for front and rear, door entry scuff plates, and roadside kit.
- Additional accessory options include black lug nuts and wheel locks, body graphics, carbon grille, hood protector, roof rack crossbars, spoiler, cargo nets, floor illumination and tonneau cover.
With so many options and customization choices, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is designed to fit with nearly any owner and active lifestyle.
Mitsubishi Motors Confidence
Outlander Sport boasts Mitsubishi Motors Confidence: one of the industry's longest powertrain and new vehicle warranties including a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty, 7-year/100,000-mile anti-corrosion/perforation limited warranty, 2-year/30,000-mile maintenance program, and 5-year/unlimited-mile roadside assistance program.6,7 These industry-leading assurances are anchored in nearly a century of building some of the world's best-engineered automobiles.
For more information on the full lineup of Mitsubishi vehicles, visit MitsubishiCars.com.
For more information on MMNA, visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
- The Forward Collision Mitigation system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, the system may not detect other vehicles and/or pedestrians correctly.
- The Lane Departure Warning system is designed to read lane marks under certain conditions. It is not a collision-avoidance system or a substitute for safe and careful driving practices.
- Airbags are part of a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS). To decrease the risk of injury from a deploying airbag, always wear your seat belt, keep feet on floorboard, sit upright in the middle of the seat and do not lean against the door. Always place children 12 and under in the rear seat and use appropriate child restraints. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat. See your owner's manual and the instructions provided with your child restraint for additional information.
- All-Wheel Control (AWC) is an Integrated Vehicle Dynamics Control System that manages the driving forces and braking forces of the four wheels to help realize vehicle behavior that is faithful to the operation by the driver under a variety of driving conditions. AWC is not a substitute for safe and careful driving.
- Active Stability Control (ASC) is a traction and stability control system that manages the driving forces and braking forces of the four wheels to help realize vehicle behavior that is faithful to the operation by the driver under a variety of driving conditions. ASC is not a substitute for safe and careful driving.
- Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions. Use for comparison only. Based on EPA estimated mileage ratings from www.fueleconomy.gov.
- All coverage terms are from the original in-service dates and are applicable only to the original owner of new, retailed models purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Subsequent owners receive the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty of 5 years/60,000 miles. See retailer for limited warranty and roadside assistance terms and conditions.
- Included on 2024 model-year Mitsubishi Motors vehicles sold in the United States. Includes the following services and parts: 1st service (12-months/12,000 miles) – oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection; 2nd service (24-months/30,000 miles) - oil and filter changes, tire rotation, cabin air filter change, and multi-point inspection; 3rd service (24-months/30,000 miles) - oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection. Mitsubishi Motors genuine oil and parts only. Services and parts not specified herein are excluded. Valid only for original owner of new, retailed 2024 model-year Mitsubishi Motors vehicle purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer in the United States, and not transferrable to any subsequent owner. Service not redeemed within specified time/mileage window is forfeited.
ABOUT MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Through a network of approximately 330 dealer partners across the United States, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is responsible for the sales, marketing and customer service of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in the U.S. In its recently announced Midterm Plan – “Challenge 2025” – MMNA’s parent company Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has committed to accelerating its efforts toward a sustainable carbon-neutral future, setting goals of 40 percent reduction in vehicle CO2 emissions and 50 percent reduction in operational CO2 emissions by 2030. Additionally, MMC has set targets for global sales of electrified vehicles at 50 percent by 2030 and 100 percent by 2035, leveraging a blend of plug-in hybrids (PHEV), hybrids (HEV) and pure electrics (BEV).
MMNA has its headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee, as well as corporate operations in California, Georgia, Michigan, New Jersey, Texas, and Florida.
For more information on Mitsubishi vehicles, please visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
# # #