Mitsubishi Motors to Showcase Outlander Plug-in Hybrid at All 2023 Electrify Expo Events
- Mitsubishi Motors' flagship model, the 2023 Outlander Plug-in Hybrid, will be featured throughout the seven-stop all-things-electric festival, which starts in Long Beach, Calif., May 19-21
- In addition to static exhibits, consumers will have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of the 2023 Outlander Plug-in Hybrid; the world's first – and world's best-selling – Plug-in Hybrid SUV
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) announced today that it will showcase the 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid during Electrify Expo's seven-stop nationwide exhibit experience. The 2023 Outlander Plug-in Hybrid SUV, which has received multiple awards while enjoying rave reviews from media and customers, will be on static display and available for test drives at every Electrify Expo event in 2023. The first show will be held in Long Beach, Calif. on May 18-21 with subsequent visits to San Francisco, Washington, D.C., New York, Seattle, Miami, and Austin, Texas.
From the entry-level 2023 Outlander Plug-in Hybrid ES at $39,8451 to the range-topping 40th Anniversary Edition at $49,9951, Mitsubishi Motors' seven-passenger flagship model is the best-equipped, most connected vehicle the brand has ever sold in the U.S. All trim levels offer 38 miles of all-electric range, up to 420 miles of overall range2, and SEL and above models are the only mass-market Plug-in Hybrid EVs with DC fast-charging capability, capable of filling the 20kWh battery pack to 80% capacity in just 38 minutes3.
“Electrify Expo is the perfect venue to introduce the award-winning 2023 Outlander Plug-in Hybrid to customers looking to make an initial move into electrified mobility,” said Mark Chaffin, MMNA President and CEO. “As a leader in electrification, the Outlander Plug-in Hybrid is a logical first step for many consumers motivated by environmental awareness, but who may not be ready to go all-in on battery-only power. The 2023 Outlander Plug-in Hybrid blends the clean and quiet motoring of an electric vehicle with the range and ease of refueling of gasoline. When customers see the exquisite exterior and interior styling coupled with the advanced technology and ease in which the vehicle transitions from the respective powertrains, we are confident they'll want an Outlander in their driveway.”
Since its launch in December 2022, the 2023 Outlander Plug-in Hybrid has been garnering awards and media accolades4 for its interior and exterior styling, driving dynamics, Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC)5 all-wheel drive system, and seamless blend of electric and gasoline drive systems.
Electrify Expo is the number one electric vehicle festival in North America, attracting more e-curious consumers than any other event in the country. With more than one million square feet of displays, coupled with a robust test-drive component, Electrify Expo provides attendees with a fully immersive experience in the vehicle electrification world with the chance to ‘try before they buy.' For more information on Electrify Expo, www.electrifyexpo.com.
Electrify Expo Schedule
|May 19-21 Long Beach Convention Center||Long Beach, California|
|June 24-25 Alameda Point||San Francisco|
|July 22-23 RFK Stadium||Washington, D.C.|
|Aug. 12-13 Nassau Coliseum||Long Island, New York|
|Sept. 9-10 Marymoor Park||Redmond, Washington|
|Oct. 14-15 Miami Dade Fairgrounds||Miami|
|Nov. 10-12 Circuit of Americas||Austin, Texas|
For more information on the full lineup of Mitsubishi vehicles, visit MitsubishiCars.com.
For more information on MMNA, visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
- Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination/handling, tax, title, license etc. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. Vehicle MSRP does not include Destination/Handling Charge of $1,345 (Alaska/Hawaii $1,470). Pricing at the time of this news release. Prices are subject to change without notice. Features, packages and additional equipment are based on the latest information available at the time of this release and are subject to change without notice.
- Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions. Use for comparison only.
- Outlander Plug-in Hybrid DC fast charging is available with CHAdeMO charging systems.
- Among other awards, the 2022 Outlander was named to the list of 10 Best Interiors by Wards and the Hispanic Car of the Year by the Hispanic Motor Press Association. The 2023 Outlander Plug-in Hybrid was named as Northwest Automotive Press Association's Outdoor Activity Vehicle of the Year, Puros Autos Latin Flavor SUV of the Year, and Green Car Journal's Family Green Car of the Year.
- Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) is not a substitute for careful driving. S-AWC cannot prevent collisions or loss of traction in all conditions. Exercise caution so full attention is given to vehicle operation in all road conditions.
ABOUT MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Through a network of approximately 330 dealer partners across the United States, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is responsible for the sales, marketing and customer service of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in the U.S. In its recently announced Midterm Plan – “Challenge 2025” – MMNA's parent company Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has committed to accelerating its efforts toward a sustainable carbon-neutral future, setting goals of 40 percent reduction in vehicle CO2 emissions and 50 percent reduction in operational CO2 emissions by 2030. Additionally, MMC has set targets for global sales of electrified vehicles at 50 percent by 2030 and 100 percent by 2035, leveraging a blend of plug-in hybrids (PHEV), hybrids (HEV) and pure electrics (BEV).
MMNA has its headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee, as well as corporate operations in California, Georgia, Michigan, New Jersey, Texas, and Florida.
For more information on Mitsubishi vehicles, please visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
# # #