Mitsubishi Motors Dealer Partner Spotlight – Countryside Mitsubishi Helping All Chicagoans Feel at Home
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is celebrating dealer partners who go above and beyond for their communities. They provide more than just a great place to buy a car – they help their hometowns thrive in the good times and heal in the challenging times. They rise to the occasion, whatever the occasion may be.
Located just under half an hour from downtown Chicago, Countryside Mitsubishi is one of the Chicagoland area's local Mitsubishi Motors dealerships overseen by Dealer Principal, Adam Jidd. Jidd is CEO and owner of Volume Cars Auto Group, while facilitating operations for Countryside Mitsubishi along with its sister store, Jidd Motors Mitsubishi. He started his business in 2005 as a used car store, moving to open Countryside Mitsubishi in 2020 to dive into the brand.
FIVE QUESTIONS WITH ADAM JIDD
Owner, CEO, & Dealer Principal, Countryside Mitsubishi, Countryside, IL
- What is the history of the dealer group and your store? I understand you have not one but two Mitsubishi stores near Chicago. I started business in 2005 as a wholesaler and then I got into a retail spot in 2010. The majority of the sales I was doing were started on a small scale of highline luxury cars. In 2014, I came up with a policy, a 30-day buyback guarantee with no questions asked, then I scaled the business so that if the customer is not happy with the purchase, I can take the car back. I built up a reputation and momentum of a used car operation of 1,000 cars a month, and then in 2020, we jumped into new car stores. We bought Countryside Mitsubishi first and then took the business from selling 6 to 7 cars a month all the way up to selling 60 cars a month.
- Do you do any charity outreach locally or any programs you're personally part of? Absolutely. We're involved with the city in any programs they do. We sponsor them and also, we proactively engage those who come from all different communities like Hispanic, African-American, European; we do special events with them. We sponsor churches and schools, and a lot of our business model is to help first-time buyers and immigrants who come from different countries. We help them out and get their first purchase.
- That leads to my next question; you offer sales and service in a variety of languages like Poilsh, Arabic, and Russian. Where did that wonderful idea originate? So, me being an immigrant, I know people prefer to deal in their own language and with people of similar ethnic backgrounds. They feel comfortable, they understand more details, soon all our sales floors, we have a different mix of ethnicity to connect with our customers more easily. We reach out to the sales force, and we have the salespeople be part of the event when we are sponsoring a barbecue for, say, the Polish and Russian communities. When they have a concert where people come from a different country, then we're there to educate them about who we are and how we do business.
- You say you're an immigrant; where are you from and what is your unique story? I come from Iraq. I emigrated to the United States in 2002, and I got into the car business in 2004. Shortly after, I started as a wholesaler. I was young when I came here; it was the American dream! I am self-made and didn't know anything about the car business. I jumped into it and became very familiar with all aspects of the industry. I did wholesale, I did retail, I did body shop, I import, I export, I opened my first service department, body shop, and accessories. We now do custom wheels, wrapping, and we add lift kits to utility vehicles. People like to have their cars be different, so that was one of the things that drove me to do different things and to have a different reach in the market.
- It sounds like you're an automotive enthusiast yourself! Yes, I am, with a passion. When did your love for cars start? From a young age. I was in the furniture business and worked to buy my first car by myself. Then I had a friend who liked the car I owned, and I sold it to him and made a little money and thought I had something special and decided this was something I want to do every single day.
- What do you think of Mitsubishi and what does your community around you think of Mitsubishi? The long warranty is one of the best benefits, and a lot of people don't understand the brand until you show them what the benefits are. The new Outlander's look is amazing, and we compare favorably to really nice luxury cars when it comes to the money, value, warranty, and how the brand is loyal and how engaged they are with their customers. It's really the small and basic things to customers. You don't know how much that car has until you get into the details like the stitching, design, seven seats, and the simple things like the long warranty. We also introduce our customers to our service department to show our service drive is here for them. With every sales, we make sure our service team meets the customer, to help them be part of the Mitsubishi family. We just want the customer to know we are here for them, and they can ask us any questions.
# # #
ABOUT MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Through a network of approximately 330 dealer partners across the United States, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is responsible for the sales, marketing and customer service of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in the U.S. In its recently announced Midterm Plan – “Challenge 2025” – MMNA's parent company Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has committed to accelerating its efforts toward a sustainable carbon-neutral future, setting goals of 40 percent reduction in vehicle CO2 emissions and 50 percent reduction in operational CO2 emissions by 2030. Additionally, MMC has set targets for global sales of electrified vehicles at 50 percent by 2030 and 100 percent by 2035, leveraging a blend of plug-in hybrids (PHEV), hybrids (HEV) and pure electrics (BEV).
MMNA has its headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee, as well as corporate operations in California, Georgia, Michigan, New Jersey, Texas, and Florida.
For more information on Mitsubishi vehicles, please visit media.mitsubishicars.com.