2024 Eclipse Cross Shines Brightly
- 2024 Eclipse Cross introduces new Hands-Free Electronic Tailgate with kick-motion sensor, Adaptive Cruise Control available on SE and above trims.
- My MITSUBISHI CONNECT capability8 and FAST-Key are now available on LE and above trims.
- As with all 2024 model-year Mitsubishi vehicles, two years of maintenance is included.6
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today announced product updates for the stylish and sporty 2024 Eclipse Cross SUV that bolster its credentials as a stylish, well-equipped choice in the ultra-competitive compact-crossover SUV segment. Consumers can learn more about the 2024 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross at https://www.mitsubishicars.com/cars-and-suvs/eclipse-cross.
All Eclipse Cross models sold in the U.S. are equipped with the driving confidence inspired by Mitsubishi's Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) all-wheel drive system as standard1. Mitsubishi S-AWC traces its roots back to the company's legendary motorsport victories on the special stages of the World Rally Championship and on the desert dunes of Dakar.
The 2024 Eclipse Cross is packed with a full suite of comfort and technology features, and now adds My MITSUBISHI CONNECT capability8 and a FAST-Key entry system on LE and above trims. Also new is a Hands-Free Electronic Tailgate with kick motion sensor, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and Adaptive Cruise Control for the 2024 Eclipse Cross SE and above trims.
In a sea of SUV sameness, Eclipse Cross stands out. From the entry-level ES trim to the range-topping SEL with Touring Package model, the 2024 Eclipse Cross carries forward all of the styling and equipment upgrades introduced for the 2022 model year. At the front, the hood and bumper combine to present Mitsubishi Motors' Dynamic Shield grille design in a sporty and bold manner. The bisected-lighting design features thin, high-mounted LED daytime running lights (DRLs) at the leading edge of the hood with integrated turn signals just below. Stacked-and-recessed light assemblies in the bumper combine headlamps and fog lamps in a low-mounted position for optimal visibility and to minimize glare into the eyes of oncoming drivers.
At the rear, a sharply sculpted hexagonal liftgate is designed to suggest the company's iconic rear-mounted spare tire, a signature feature on previous Mitsubishi SUVs. The single rear window design is both stylish and offers a wide field of view. Lower side-trim matches the body color for all SEL models, and SE trim vehicles add a silver front-bumper garnish.
Power and Control
The 2024 Eclipse Cross is fitted with a 1.5-liter direct-injection turbo engine that offers a blend of performance and efficiency, offering 152 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 184 lb.-ft. of torque between 2,000 to 3,500 RPM. A continuously variable transmission (CVT) is fitted as standard on all models, seamlessly delivering power and efficiency in all driving conditions.
Standard S-AWC performs seamlessly regardless of road or weather conditions, helping to provide confidence in both straight-line stability and cornering performance. S-AWC integrates Adaptive Stability Control (ASC), Anti-lock Brakes (ABS), and Active Yaw Control (AYC) to distribute driving torque to the rear wheels and between the right and left wheels through brake force and an electronically controlled center differential. S-AWC incorporates generations of motorsport history to use electronic control functions to vary wheel-torque while maximizing driver feedback, traction and overall drivability in all conditions.1
Advanced Safety Features Across the Lineup
Adding standard S-AWC to all Eclipse Cross models is only one part of the brand's commitment to confidence. Further building on that promise is the company's commitment to safety technology and value. Every 2024 Eclipse Cross receives standard advanced driver-assistance systems, including standard Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) with Pedestrian Detection and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) on all trims.2,3
Those seeking the latest safety technology will also appreciate that Automatic High Beam (AHB) assist headlamps and rain-sensing wipers are standard on LE, SE, and SEL trim levels. SE and above trims also offer other key safety features including standard Blind Spot Warning (BSW) with Lane Change Assist (LCA) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA).4,5
Mitsubishi Motors Confidence
Every 2024 Eclipse Cross comes with Mitsubishi Motors Confidence: one of the industry's leading warranties including a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty, 7-year/100,000-mile anti-corrosion/perforation limited warranty, 2-year/30,000-mile limited maintenance program, and 5-year/unlimited-mile roadside assistance program.6,7
For more information on the full lineup of Mitsubishi vehicles, visit MitsubishiCars.com.
For more information on MMNA, visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
- Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) incorporates Active Yaw Control (AYC) to realize the AWC concept at a very high level. This Integrated Vehicle Dynamics Control System manages the driving forces and braking forces of the four wheels to help realize vehicle behavior that is faithful to the operation by the driver under a variety of driving conditions. S-AWC is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. S-AWC cannot prevent collisions or loss of traction in all conditions. Exercise caution so your full attention is given to vehicle operation in all road conditions.
- The Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, the system may not detect other vehicles and/or pedestrians correctly.
- The Lane Departure Warning system is designed to read lane marks under certain conditions. It is not a collision avoidance system or a substitute for safe and careful driving practices.
- The Blind Spot Warning and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems are driver aids only and are not substitutes for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, these systems may not detect other vehicles correctly. Availability of advanced safety features varies by model, see dealer for details.
- Driver Assist Systems are driver aids only and are not substitutes for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, these systems may not sound an alert, provide steering input, or apply braking. The driver must remain engaged with the driving task and monitor the environment at all times. See Owner's Manual for further information.
- Included on 2024 model-year Mitsubishi Motors vehicles sold in the United States. Includes the following services and parts: 1st service (12-months/12,000 miles) – oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection; 2nd service (24-months/30,000 miles) - oil and filter changes, tire rotation, cabin air filter change, and multi-point inspection; 3rd service (24-months/30,000 miles) - oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection. Mitsubishi Motors genuine oil and parts only. Services and parts not specified herein are excluded. Valid only for original owner of new, retailed 2024 model-year Mitsubishi Motors vehicle purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer in the United States, and not transferrable to any subsequent owner. Service not redeemed within specified time/mileage window is forfeited.
- All coverage terms are from the original in-service dates and are applicable only to the original owner of new, retailed models purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Subsequent owners receive the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty of 5 years/60,000 miles. See retailer for limited warranty and roadside assistance terms and conditions.
- Mitsubishi CONNECT trial subscription included for two years as a new Mitsubishi owner of a MITSUBISHI CONNECT-capable vehicle. After the two-year trial, standard yearly subscription costs apply
ABOUT MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Through a network of approximately 330 dealer partners across the United States, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is responsible for the sales, marketing and customer service of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in the U.S. In its recently announced Midterm Plan – "Challenge 2025" – MMNA's parent company Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has committed to accelerating its efforts toward a sustainable carbon-neutral future, setting goals of 40 percent reduction in vehicle CO2 emissions and 50 percent reduction in operational CO2 emissions by 2030. Additionally, MMC has set targets for global sales of electrified vehicles at 50 percent by 2030 and 100 percent by 2035, leveraging a blend of plug-in hybrids (PHEV), hybrids (HEV) and pure electrics (BEV).
MMNA has its headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee, as well as corporate operations in California, Georgia, Michigan, New Jersey, Texas, and Florida.
For more information on Mitsubishi vehicles, please visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
# # #