2014 Mitsubishi Lancer At-A-Glance
With its affordable price (starting MSRP of only $17,195), seating for five, rally-inspired driving dynamics, cutting-edge user technology, advanced safety features, excellent reliability, attractive styling inside and out and a fun-to-drive nature, the Lancer compact sports sedan has long been one of Mitsubishi Motors' best-selling vehicles.
For the 2014 model year, a good thing gets even better as the Mitsubishi Lancer receives a variety of welcome new standard and available features that include:
- New audio system (standard on Lancer ES)
- New 6.1-in. touchscreen display audio system (standard on Lancer SE AWC, GT & Ralliart)
- New MMCS navigation system with 7-in. high-definition touch panel, voice command, 3D mapping, point-of-interest information, real-time traffic, and Mapcare® including two updates (available on Lancer GT & Ralliart)
- New HD Radio® (standard on Lancer SE AWC, GT & Ralliart)
- New SIRIUSXM® satellite radio with 3-month subscription (standard on Lancer SE AWC & GT)
- New rearview camera (standard on Lancer SE AWC, GT & Ralliart)
- New upgrade seating surface fabric (standard on Lancer ES & SE)
- New seats and seating surface fabric (standard on Lancer GT)
- New 5-spoke 16-in. alloy wheel design (standard on Lancer SE AWC)
- New stylish gloss black interior decoration panel (standard on Lancer GT & Ralliart)
Powering the well-equipped entry-level 2014 Lancer ES is the company's proven 2.0-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine with Mitsubishi Innovative Valve Timing Electronic Control (MIVEC) producing 148 horsepower. A precise short-throw 5-speed manual transmission makes shifting a pleasure while an available continuously-variable transmission (CVT) offers the convenience of automatic transmission-like operation with improved fuel economy. The CVT-equipped Lancer ES achieves a lofty EPA rating of 34 mpg on the highway.
Though low in price, the Lancer ES model packs a great deal of welcome amenities into a handsome 4-door at a very sensible price point. Included at no additional cost to the consumer are the aforementioned new audio system, along with such welcome features as air conditioning; remote keyless entry; auto-off halogen headlights; anti-theft engine immobilizer; power door locks and windows with driver-side auto down; and eye-catching exterior design elements including a chrome grille surround, sculpted side air dams and clear and black taillights.
All 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer models boast a comprehensive list of no-cost advanced safety technologies. These include advanced dual-stage front air bags with occupant seat position sensor; side-impact head protection curtain air bags (front and rear); front seat-mounted side air bags; driver's side knee air bag; anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD); Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL); and a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
One rung above the ES trim level is the Lancer SE AWC – an exceptional value that includes Mitsubishi's legendary All-Wheel Control (AWC) all-wheel drive system for robust handling and improved traction in adverse driving conditions.
The Lancer SE AWC includes a fuel-efficient yet more powerful 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 168 bhp and an advanced continuously-variable transmission (CVT).
Heated front seats and side view mirrors; 16-in. alloy wheels; 6-way adjustable driver's seat; anti-theft alarm system; power windows, mirrors and door locks; and stylish appointments including a chrome upper and lower grille surround, and unique black and beige trim seating fabric are among the Lancer SE AWC's plentiful standard equipment package.
The 2014 Lancer GT model combines great value and sporty performance with its aggressive-looking front fascia borrowed from the Lancer Ralliart model as well as 18-in. alloy wheels; sport front bucket seats; special GT-tuned suspension; a rear spoiler; and the eager 168 bhp 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine mated to a crisp-shifting 5-speed manual transmission. A high-tech continuously-variable transmission (CVT) with INVECS-III and Sportronic® shifting with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters is also available.
Other thoughtful touches included on every Lancer GT are automatic climate control; auto-off halogen headlights; chrome front grille surround; FAST-key electronic entry and start system; and FUSE Hands-Free Link System® with USB port.
The 2014 Lancer Ralliart blends ample luxury with pavement-pounding performance. This sports sedan owes its excellent performance to high-tech equipment "borrowed" from its hyper-athletic cousin – the world-famous Lancer Evolution. These include a 237 horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharged and intercooled MIVEC-equipped inline-4 engine and rapid-shifting 6-speed automated manual Twin-Clutch Sportronic® Shift Transmission (TC-SST) – essentially a more subtly tuned version of the incredible Lancer Evolution's exceptional drivetrain.
The handling of the 2014 Lancer Ralliart model also benefits from full-time All-Wheel Control (AWC) with Active Center Differential (ACD) and front helical limited-slip differential, rear limited-slip differential and Hill Start Assist (HSA).
A sensational sounding 9 speaker 710-watt Rockford Fosgate® premium sound system including 10-in. dual-voice coil subwoofer with Punch Control® is available for the Lancer SE AWC, GT and Ralliart models. This system includes the latest in audio technology – DTS® Neural Surround, PremiDIA-WIDE surround, and Dolby® Volume – and is a must-have option for true audiophiles.
From the sensible and fun-to-drive Lancer ES all the way up to the white-knuckle excitement of the high-performance Lancer Ralliart, Mitsubishi Motors has a Lancer model that's just right for your personality – and your wallet.
What's more, the 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer comes with a fully transferable 5-year/60,000-mile (3-year/36,000-mile on Lancer Ralliart) new vehicle limited warranty. The Mitsubishi Motors limited warranty is in addition to a 10-year/100,000-mile (5-year/60,000-mile on Lancer Ralliart) powertrain limited warranty to the original vehicle purchaser as well as a 7-year/100,000-mile anti-corrosion/perforation limited warranty. In addition, all Mitsubishi Lancer models come with 5-years/unlimited mile roadside assistance.
|Engine:||2.0-liter aluminum DOHC MIVEC 4-cylinder engine|
|Horsepower:||148 @ 6,000 rpm|
|Torque:||145 lb.-ft. @ 4,200 rpm|
|Transmission:||5-speed manual transmission or continuously-variable transmission (CVT)|
Major Standard Features (2.0L ES)
- 140-Watt AM/FM/CD audio system with digital signal processing, MP3 playback capability and four speakers
- Electric assist power steering
- Adjustable rear head restraints (x3)
- Anti-theft engine immobilizer
- Auto-off halogen headlights
- Dual-stage front air bag SRS with front passenger occupant sensors, curtain side air bags, driver's knee air bag, and front seat mounted side-impact air bags
- Power windows and folding side view mirrors
- Side air dam
- RISE body construction
- Tilt-adjustable steering column
- Trunk lid inner trim
- Remote keyless entry
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Active Stability Control (ASC)
- Front map lights
SE AWC model adds over ES:
- Electronically controlled All-Wheel Control (AWC) system
- 6.1-in. touchscreen display audio system
- HD Radio®
- SIRIUSXM® satellite radio with 3-month subscription
- Rearview camera
- 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine (c/o from GT)
- Continuously-variable transmission (CVT)
- 16-in. alloy wheels
- Heated front seats and side mirrors
- Chrome lower grille and rear badge
Key Specifications - Lancer GT
|Engine:||2.4-liter aluminum DOHC MIVEC 4-cylinder engine|
|Horsepower:||168 bhp @ 6,000 rpm|
|Torque:||167 lb.-ft. @ 4,100 rpm|
|Transmission:||5-speed manual or CVT with 6-step Sportronic® mode using steering wheel paddle shifters|
2.4L GT model adds over ES:
- 18-in. alloy wheels
- FUSE Hands-Free Link System®
- 6.1-in. touchscreen display audio system
- 6-speaker audio system
- HD Radio®
- SIRIUSXM® satellite radio with 3-month subscription
- Automatic climate control system
- FAST-key with panic feature
- Fog lights
- Front air dams
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- High-contrast multi-color LCD instrument display
- Front fascia from Lancer Ralliart sedan
- Rear spoiler
- Sport bucket seats (front)
- Sportronic® steering wheel-mounted shifter paddles (with optional continuously-variable transmission)
- Sport-tuned suspension
Key specifications - Lancer Ralliart
|Engine:||2.0-liter inline-4 DOHC MIVEC; intercooled/turbocharged|
|Horsepower:||237 bhp @ 6,000 rpm|
|Torque:||253 lb.-ft. @ 2500~4750rpm|
|Transmission:||TC-SST automated manual with steering wheel paddle shifters.|
|Wheels:||18 x 7.5 in. cast alloy|
|Tires:||215/45R18 Yokohama Advan® asymmetrical performance tires|
Turbo Ralliart model adds over GT:
- Full-time All-Wheel Control (AWC) with Active Center Differential (ACD)
- Front helical and rear mechanical limited-slip differentials
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Premium sport fabric seating surfaces
- Leather-wrapped sport type steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped shift knob with shift boot
- Dual exhaust with finisher
- Aluminum hood with heat extractor vent
- Chrome side lower door molding
Alloy Wheel Package (ES model) adds: 16-in. alloy wheels and Rear disc brakes.
Deluxe Package (must combine Alloy Wheel Package) adds: FUSE Hands-Free Link System® with USB port; power glass sunroof; FAST-key entry system; leather-wrapped steering wheel; 6 speaker audio system; SIRIUSXM® satellite radio with 3-month paid service; chrome lower grille surround; soft touch door trim (front); chrome inner door lever; high contrast meter with color LCD.
GT Touring Package adds: Leather seating surfaces; heated front seats; 710-watt Rockford Fosgate® premium sound system with 9 speakers including 10-in. dual-voice coil subwoofer with Punch Control®, DTS® Neural Surround, PremiDIA-WIDE surround, and Dolby® Volume ; High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights; rain-sensing wipers; auto on/off headlight control; power glass sunroof; auto dimming rearview mirror; rear lip spoiler (replaces rear wing spoiler).
Premium Package (SE AWC model) adds: Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; high contrast meter with color LCD MID; soft-touch door trim (front); chrome inner door lever; 710-watt Rockford Fosgate® premium sound system with 9 speakers including 10-in. dual-voice coil subwoofer with Punch Control®, DTS® Neural Surround, PremiDIA-WIDE surround, and Dolby® Volume ; power glass sunroof.
Ralliart Touring Package adds: Leather seating surfaces; heated front seats; 710-watt Rockford Fosgate® premium sound system with 9 speakers including 10-in. dual-voice coil subwoofer with Punch Control®, DTS® Neural Surround, PremiDIA-WIDE surround, and Dolby® Volume; High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights; rain-sensing wipers; auto on/off headlight control; power glass sunroof; auto dimming rearview mirror; rear lip spoiler (replaces rear wing spoiler).
Navigation Package (GT and Ralliart models) adds: MMCS navigation system with 7-in. high-definition touch panel, voice command, 3D mapping, point-of-interest information, real-time traffic, and Mapcare® including two map updates.
Exterior Package adds: Rear wing spoiler; front air dam; exhaust finisher; fog lights; rear diffuser garnish.
LED Illumination Package adds: Front floor illumination (Blue LED); interior lights.
Popular Equipment Package adds: Alloy fuel door; aluminum scuff plates; trunk mat.
All Weather Package adds: Remote engine start; all weather floor mats (front); mudguards (rear).
Chrome Package adds: Chrome mirror covers; chrome door handle covers.
Interior Package adds: Aluminum shift knob; aluminum brake grip.
Rear Park Assist Sensors
Chrome Lower Grille Garnish
FUSE Hands-Free Link System®
Rear Lip Spoiler
Roof Rack Cross Bars